Living with Elephants
Deep inside a private concession in the remote north of Hwange National Park resides Nehimba Lodge. Overlooking a waterhole of the same name, it is frequented by a variety of wildlife. The sublime close-up elephant encounters in the dry season are just part of the allure. The massive herds come to drink out of the pan and even the swimming pool
The 9 spacious canvas under thatch tents are built on raised teak decks. Modern touches combined with lashings of African charm, ensure a warm and comfortable stay at this fully solar camp.
We just love the ethos of Nehimba Lodge! Friendly, qualified guides will show you unique safari experiences that get you involved and actually do make a difference to wildlife and the local communities.
Hwange needs you!
In and around Zimbabwe’s Hwange National Park, the drought, compounded by continued economic hardship, is threatening Hwange’s livelihoods and wildlife. Despite Covid-19 stalling tourism across the world, Imvelo Safari Lodges perseveres with its conservation and community initiatives during this challenging time.
Without the generosity of its visiting guests to help maintain these vital activities, Imvelo Safari Lodges efforts are under significant strain and additional funds are urgently required to supplement, expand and increase their ambitions.
The project performs the following:
- Maintains 19 pumps, that supply waterholes in and around Hwange, bringing water to the surface and pumping over 750 million litres of water a day.
- Provides regular maintenance for over 80 domestic water supply units and strive to solarize as many of these as possible in the villages south of Hwange
- Aim’s to provide over 3000 children with school lunches during the two school terms occurring during the dry months of May to December.
- Delivers food aid to isolated and drought-stricken villages until productive harvests re-establish food security.
- Operates the Cobras Community Wildlife Protection Unit, made up of 19 scouts from the local villages.
- Improves access to healthcare in isolated communities by building clinics, setting up waiting mother shelters and running the annual Smile and See Safari.
Join us in safeguarding Hwange’s communities and wildlife, join us in safeguarding Hwange’s future.
More information on this initiative, as well as the donation page can be found at Imvelo Safari Lodge’s website
Let's plan your trip to Zimbabwe!
One of our travel experts will help you with a quote.